BREAST FORMS ON A BUDGET – HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN
What is a cheap and easy way to make a pair of breast forms if you cannot run to a pair of silicone forms? Not only is this a question we are frequently asked, but we also have the proud owners of homemade fake boobs visiting us urging us to feel how real their bust is!
It’s true that not everyone can afford to pay even $50 for a pair of gel forms these days. Also, some dress so infrequently that investing in a pair of super-soft silicone breast forms simply makes no sense.
Judging by the feedback we receive, do-it-yourself boob making is as widespread as ever. The most popular methods we hear about are:
- Bird seed and cut-off pantyhose/knee-highs
- Rice and cut-off pantyhose/knee-highs
- Good old balloons filled with water
How to Make Breast Forms with Rice or Bird Seed
- It’s best that you have a bra to begin with so you know the cup size you are aiming for. If you need help with figuring out your bra size, call us on 1 888 721 8688 and we’ll be glad to help you. What’s important at this stage is the cup size you are building. If you know your bra band is a 38 then bear in mind that a B cup tends to be small on a male frame, a C cup is average a D is large and a DD very large.
- Cut the ends off a pair of old pantyhose or knee-highs and fill the feet with the required amount of seed or rice to fill the cup on your bra. When you knot the hosiery do it loosely at first so you can keep placing the breast form in the cup/bra and then keep re-filling or emptying the seed until you have the correct size for the bra. Once you have the perfect size, tie off very tightly.
- If you perfect one side, then simply weigh that form, and fill the hose with seed until the weight equals the same as the perfect form – this will save you time and effort.
Variations we have heard about include rubber/poly based beads available in craft stores for stuffing soft toys.
How to Make Fake Boobs with Water Balloons
- Again, it’s best if you have a bra to start with so you know the cup size the forms need to be.
- Use good quality balloons and a faucet to create boobs that fill up to your desired cup size.
- If you have perfected one breast size, simply fill the other balloon with the same weight of water to recreate it for the other cup.
Creating breast forms with water balloons is a little trickier than the seed/rice method as you have to safely tie off the balloon each time you fill it and then un-tie before filling again to eventually get the right size to fit your cup. Some folk like to place a balloon inside another to avoid puncturing/accidents. Also, using a cut-off end of pantyhose over each water balloon adds more protection and better coloring and texture.
How to Make Breast Forms Look Real
You’ve mastered the seed or water balloon method but you want something more realistic without going to any great expense. There are some more options available that have been tried and tested and in general the best results are achieved by just a little more money and quite a bit more time and effort. Most girls that use these enhanced make-your-own methods feel that the added time and effort is really worthwhile.
The Diaper Gel Method
This is a variation on the water balloon method that certainly improves the feel and movement that can be achieved. Modern-day diapers have a powder on the inner layer which, when it makes contact with liquid, turns into a gel – similar to silicone. We have seen a pair made this way and the touch and feel are realistic.
Thank-you to Jenny who explained how she made them when she stopped by to show us!
These are the steps to take to create your own homemade diaper-gel breast forms:
- Take 4 balloons and place the first balloon inside another.
- Use between 1 and 3 tablespoons of the powdered gel from the diaper for each breast form and pour carefully into the inner balloon.
- Using a syringe, add 200 to 400ml of water (or more if you want to go v big) to the balloon with the powder.
- Tie off the balloon and shake vigorously to allow the powder to react with the water and form the gel.
- As the gel forms massage the balloon to ensure it mixes evenly. The outer balloon gives added protection and again it’s preferable to add a cut-off beige/flesh colored pantyhose to complete the breast form.
- Now complete the steps for the other side, but be sure that you use equal measurements.
Jenny explained she has heard of others using condoms instead of balloons, but she prefers the balloon method for a little more strength. Experiment with the gel-to-water ratio to get the preferred density you like.
Another gel-variation is using the gel sold in garden centers/supply stores. The gel you want comes in crystals and is used to hold water in pot plants for slow release over time. Again, experiment with ratio of water to gel until you achieve the correct consistency and size you are after.
The Double QBRA Method
There are a few variations to this method, which is certainly quicker and less messy than the balloons and seed methods, but recommended for those wanting a B or C cup.
- One customer finds they achieve just the right cup size by taking two QBRA cleavage enhancers (thin self-adhesive silicone cups) – a C cup one inside a D cup one to give a decent sized cup/form.
- Because the inside of the cup has adhesive, you just press the cups together and you are good to go.
- The person that explained this to us cuts the adjoining piece between the cups but says she has worn it with the cups still joined in the center.
To gain a little more cup size take one D cup QBRA and one pair of the small silicone ‘86’ enhancers and do the same i.e. push the enhancers into the QBRA cups and there you have it an instant silicone breast form for less than $30 !! The combination of the silicone enhancers with QBRA tends to give a bigger cup than just the 2 enhancers together.
How to Make Silicon Breast Forms Yourself
If you are looking to make the equivalent of silicone breast forms yourself, we have heard of girls using silicone based caulking product from the hardware stores though this could prove to be very heavy/dense.
Moulding Your Own Breast Forms
There are tried and tested methods for making your own moulds and then moulding your own breastforms using products such as Plastisol. This is a soft plastic in liquid form that is used to make fishing lures. The Plastisol can be colored and poured into your own moulds before heating it up to over 325 degrees to set and make it firm. This method does require more time and effort and a little more money but is a great way to achieve a breast form made to your exact specifications.
These methods are just the tip of the iceberg and we have kept it to the quick, easy and cheaper options. We’ll cover the more intricate methods of making your own boobs in a follow-up article and if any readers have their own suggestions or variations on what is featured here, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email any suggestions or feedback to [email protected] and we’ll share as many of your tips as possible in the follow-up article.