MAKEUP CAN BE A SCARY THING
We know starting out as a CD or TG woman can be a hard transition. We know your lost when it comes to the world of makeup, You are probably asking yourself a bunch of questions you cannot answer. Don’t worry! This article will answer some common questions and explain exactly how to apply makeup.
Is there a correct order to apply makeup and does it really matter?
Actually, yes, it does make a difference. Professionals in the beauty business and the really good transformation artists tell us that there is a preferred order in which you want to apply products to ensure you gain the most benefit and best appearance.
To a beginner makeup can be a nightmare! Here is a simple and quick way to go about it that will always have you looking gorgeous. As with anything, practice will always make perfect. The more you work at it and play around with colors and looks, the better you will get. Stick to this simple order and you will not only ensure you look great but you will get quicker results so that eventually applying makeup will become effortless.
First things first, always make sure you start out with your face nice and clean (no makeup on at all). Also, make sure there is great lighting around the mirror you are using.
OK. Once you have all your equipment and makeup ready, you can get started…
1. Shave. Have a nice wet shave to keep your face and neck from getting razor bumps.
2. Moisturize and Prime. Skin should be prepared now for makeup application, which means moisturizing to ensure you don’t get razor bumps and priming your skin to make sure your makeup stays on all day.
3. Apply Beard Cover to lower face. Don’t put too much on. Remember you still need to put foundation over it, so you don’t want to over-do it with the beard cover.
4. Apply Foundation all over your face. Using a cream makeup foundation apply all over your face. Don’t forget to cover your eyelids. This will work as a base for your eye shadow. It will stick and blend better when you apply it.
5. Apply your eye shadow color or colors. Try blending more than one. It’s fun and looks amazing. You can do it to match an outfit. Test out some sparkles for when you’re going out!
6. Apply eyeliner. This can be tricky and will take some getting used to before your penciling on bold straight lines. So, sharpen your pencil and take your time. Try starting with the lower eyelid’s first. When you think you have mastered that, then try top eyeliner. When you get the hang of it test out some cat eye looks.
7. Apply Fake Eyelashes and Mascara after your done with your eyeliner. Fake eyelashes can be very hard to get on your first time. I would suggest trying mascara first. once your get a better hang over the makeup thing, then try out some false lashes.
8. Apply an Antiperspirant Powder. Apply a generous coating of a loose translucent anti-perspirant powder. Don’t be afraid to use a lot. A good coating will keep your makeup in place all day.
9. Apply your Blush or Bronzer. All contouring should be done now before blush. After, bronzer should go just below your cheek bones to make them look a lot higher. Blush goes just above your bronzer, on the apples of your cheeks.
10. Lip Liner, Lip Stick, or Lip Gloss. Apply a generous amount and smooth lips together to blend.
Lastly, make sure to buy all the necessary cleaning supplies to get all the makeup off your skin. You can buy makeup remover wipes at almost any grocery store. These will really come in handy. Or if you have baby oil, use that. Baby oil works really great for getting makeup off easily.
So, there you have it! Practice these steps and in no time you will be a master of makeup.