How to Shop for Corsets: A guide for Crossdressing
Corsets are a great fashion feature that helps develop a feminine figure for men of all sizes. While there are many ways to develop a feminine figure, corsets provide an affordable solution to your crossdressing needs. We’re here to provide a few simple shopping tips for crossdressers on how to buy a corset.
Corsets for males are no new fashion fad. In fact, men’s corsets have been in use for as far back as the 1800’s when men sought to elongate their figure and create a bigger juxtaposition between the chest and shoulder size to make it larger.
Why do you need to shop for corsets for men, rather than for women?
- We all know that women and men are built very differently, which means that the way that a corset is designed to mold your model and how that corset will fit your body can depend very much on your sex.
- First, there’s the length. A man’s body will most often be longer than a woman’s which means a longer torso. This is what makes an under bust corset a great choice for men, by focusing the cinching to where it is needed most while crossdressing. A larger torso also means a much larger chest area that can be balanced out with the use of proportional breast forms.
- Next, you have the lower waist. A man’s waist is often much lower proportionally than a woman’s making it appear decidedly masculine. By using corsets for men, you can shift the waistline upwards, for a more feminine appeal under your cross dressing clothes.
- Then, you have the steel boning. This supportive feature helps to make even the most resilient bodyshape contour to that perfect hourglass or cinched waist. Steel boning in an underbust corset helps to support the chest and develop a larger bust for your look, great for the male form.
- Finally, there are the many other benefits that come with using corsets. You’ll have a much easier time fitting into your crossdresser clothing with the use of a corset underneath. A real corset will provide your body with the posture of a fine lady as well.