Here are ten great tips to remember while getting ready in the morning that will have you looking your best.
- Gloves protect Hosiery. Always wear a pair of gloves when putting on your pantyhose, stockings or thigh-hi’s so your nails don’t rip the seams. Hosiery is more likely to run while putting them on your body because of all the tugging and pulling. To better guarantee that your stockings don’t rip, wear gloves. This will save you time and money.
- Any soft material glove will do, as long as their is no thick seams that could snag the hosiery.
- Makeup Storage. Always try to store makeup materials at room temperature. Extremes of temperature are the worst enemy of foundation, powders, lotions etc. Cold as much as heat will destroy your expensive makeup so never leave in a car overnight for example. If storage is an issue then at the very least, use a cosmetics bag to help protect your valuable purchases.
- Walk Like a Lady. When creating a feminine illusion in heels it’s important to walk upright (but relaxed) and place one foot in front of another. The easiest way to do this is to take small steps when walking in heels. This will feel unnatural to begin with but it is an essential practice to moving like a true lady.
- Quick Hosiery Repair. You’re about to go out for the night and then you notice the beginning of a ‘run’ in your gorgeous silky stockings. Simply apply clear nail polish to the beginning of the run in the hosiery and this will stop it spreading. When out and about take a spare pair with you just in case of emergencies.
- Correct Sizing of Body Shaping Gear. All Girdles, Cinchers and Garter belts are made with an average-shaped lady in mind i.e. fuller hips. So, what’s a girl today when she has little hip action going on but she love’s the feel of a nice tight girdle/garter belt ? Always go down at least one size in order to compensate if you have slimmer hips otherwise you will not get a snug enough cinching from foundation garments.
- Eyelash Application. As with most makeover applications be sparing when applying any lotions, potions or adhesives – you can always add more but it’s difficult and messy to remove after application. With false eyelashes only apply a thin line of the glue – you only need a small amount and they will stay in place and be easier to remove.
- Recommended Blush Color. Blush can be any color but it is advisable to co-ordinate with the lip color you are intending to use – that doesn’t mean you have to have an exact match but they should compliment one another by being in the same family tone. When applying, do so carefully with a brush and blend the edges so there are no harsh lines.
- Teeth Whitening. Bleached teeth and a winning smile are an instant feminize and very sexy too. You no longer have to spend large sums of money to do this; quick fixes for most girls includes the use of the over the counter whitening strips and the effect is amazing.
- Wig Fitting. Where possible try wigs on when you have had your makeup applied. Wigs that don’t work when you try them on with a ‘bare’ face will suddenly ‘pop’ when you have make-up applied. If you ever have a makeover/lesson – try to have it done at a vendor’s where you can then try on different wigs with the help of a fitter.
- Fastest Way to an Hourglass Figure. If you are determined to achieve a true feminizing hourglass figure then the only route is a true steel-boned corset. Plastic boned cinchers and corsets will never achieve a cinch of more than an inch to 1.5″ – the same for even the tightest of shapers or girdles. Only a traditionally built corset with steel-boning can achieve an eventual 4 to 6″ cinch along with the hourglass shape.
There you have it; out Top 10 Tips to kick off the New Year and the new you. Throughout the year we’ll share more gems in the Newsletter – most of them bite-sized nuggets like these that can help save you time in looking and feeling like the girl you want to be.