It’s all about the details!
Often, the most neglected part of dressing up is the hands. Many girls are in too much of a rush to get dressed and forget to feminize their hands!
I mean your hands wont make or break your chances of passing as a woman, but it builds to the overall appearance and look. Of course there are short-cuts like wearing gloves but, if you put some effort in it can really go a long way.
Depending on where you are located, it can now be a fairly common sight to see men occupying a comfortable seat in a nail salon. Indeed we have a number of clients that love to have an occasional pampering at the salon. However, even if you do not have the time, the money, or the total freedom to have a regular manicure in a salon, than do it yourself! Get a friend to help you- have a spa day at home. You only need a couple items!
Allow 30 minutes into your dressing time or do it the night before you plan to go out and that will be plenty to achieve the desired results but make sure you have the following items all ready to save time:
- Towel, soap and water
- Nail brush
- Orange stick (cuticle stick)
- Nail scissors and/or Clippers
- Emery Board
- False nails/tips (including adhesive)
You can also add to the list cuticle cream, lemon juice, moisturizer and nail polish but we are doing the quick version so you can get dressed and on your way with the minimum of fuss.
Other things you can do is moisturize your hands daily to smooth the skin so, your hands will be light to the touch.
Lay everything out close at hand, just as you would if doing your make-up – you want to have everything together so you can complete the task from start to finish without having to break off to find an item you forgot.
- Wash hands with a mild soap in warm water. If nails are dirty then clean with a nailbrush, re-wash hands and then pat dry with a towel.
- Cut your longest nails with clippers so that they are all of an even and uniform length.
- Refine the length and finish of each nail with the use of a card emery board – try not to use a metal one as they tend to be too rough and so tug on the nail causing unevenness. Using continuous strokes file from the outside of the nail to the center tip until you have the desirable oval shape. Do not file down severely at the sides.
- Soak fingers in warm water for 3 minutes to soften the cuticles. At this point if you have the time you can add some lemon juice to the water that helps with the softening an also helps with any discoloration.
- Dry your fingers and with the aid of an orange stick carefully push back the skin at the base of the nail back towards the nail bed. You want to expose the lighter half-moon at the base of the nail. You can save time here if every time you shower/bathe you spend a couple of minutes pushing back the skin since the cuticles will be softened.
- Remove any hang-nails trimming with the scissors but do not tug/pull as this can lead to infection in the nail bed.
- You are now ready to apply your false nails which if you use nails with a ready-applied adhesive will take minutes and they are much easier to take off since all you need is a few minutes soak in warm soapy water. No need for acetone.
For those who require Extra Large Nail Tips that are broader to cover the entire nail of big hands then there are now products available that are pre-painted and durable so that they can be used over and over again. They come in a long length and you trim them to the desired size but they are guaranteed to fit correctly even the biggest hands.
But for those with average size hands who need to transform quickly and with as little fuss as possible we recommend the Kiss Express-On Nails in a simple but elegant French Manicure finish. Pre-glued you simply apply to your existing nails and they are strong enough to stay on all night and day. Time to take them off and the adhesive loosens up by simply soaking the fingers in warm soapy water for 3 minutes and then you can pull them off – so easy.
Other quick tips for feminizing hands are to use some simple accessories like a stretch bracelet and maybe even a ring.