The phrase ‘Male to Female Makeup Transformations’ refers to the services and process a crossdresser goes through to present as a female. It involves cosmetic products and techniques suitable for a male in order to make the facial features present as female. Whilst any trained makeup artist can apply their skills to turning a boy’s face into a girls, only those trained in the art of male to female transformation will have what it takes to allow a crossdresser to ‘pass’ as a female.Many crossdressers will visit specialist transformation services because unless skilled in the art, mastering the techniques can take a long time and many hours of practice. At the GlamourBoutique.com premises in northern NJ we have 2 such makeup artists on-call for our local customers. Finding a good make-up artist who can use their skills to do a male to female transformation is not easy; the best in the business have been doing it for a long time.
But what if you live in a part of the country where there are no such makeup artists to help or you simply cannot spend the $70+ dollars for a makeover? What if you cannot afford a transformation makeover DVD. Fear not, we have you covered! Together with our in-house makeup artists, we present out step-by-step basic Male to Female Makeup Transformation for crossdressers. We start at the point you are sitting in front of a mirror with your cosmetics within reach and your face clean.
1. CLEANSER. Use a wig cap to keep any of your own hair off of the face. Using cotton wool balls and a good quality cleanser, gently wipe the face all over with cotton wool infused with the cleanser.
2. APPLYING EYE-LIFT TAPE. Prepare 3 strips of the facelift tape from your Facelift Kit. Cut 2 strips of 6″ and 1 strip of approximately 9″. Holding one end of the tape in place approximately 1.5″ above the part of the brow you wish to arch like a female, pull up and back the other end and attach to the wig cap.
3. SECURING EYE-LIFT AND WIG CAP. Repeat for the other side and then secure the 2 pieces of eye-lift tape by crossing over from ear to ear with the 9″ piece of tape. Finally, use the tape roll to go around the perimeter of the wig cap to securely attach everything in place.
4. APPLYING BEARD COVER. Using a good quality beard cover and a damp cosmetic sponge wedge apply gradually by layering until all beard area is covered.
5. APPLYING FOUNDATION. Do not go cheap on foundation. You need a specialist cream based foundation that can cover a male skin and will last. Liquid foundations are not made for most male skin and will crack easily. Again, apply by layering with a cosmetic sponge wedge. Be sure to use down to the neck line, above the eyes and all the way to the hairline.
6. APPLYING EYELINER. Make sure your pencil is sharpened beforehand. Hold the outside corner of the eyelid taught so you create a straight line. Close the eyelid and slowly line from the inner corner towards the outer edge of the eyelid. Use short, slow strokes to be accurate.
7. EYESHADOW. For a basic feminine look first apply a light shade from the lash line of the eyelid to the crease of the eyelid using the brush/applicator in an upwards sweeping motion. Now, to create a contrast through contouring we take a dark shade eyeshadow and apply to the crease from the outer corner of the crease in an arching motion to approximately two thirds of the way in towards the inner eye corner. Gently blend so there are no hard lines.
8. MASCARA. We recommend using a waterproof mascara for crossdressers. First curl your lashes using a lash curler. Then ensure the applicator is well coated with mascara and apply from root of the lashes to the ends. Repeat for both upper and lower lashes. If you end up with clumps, clean the applicator and brush out lashes to fix. Some girls may choose false eyelashes here.
9. APPLYING BLUSH. Subtly emphasizing cheek bones with the application of blush is another key part of a Male to Female makeup transformation but it must be done with a light hand for the most feminizing results. Most males will want to move away from a strong jawline to make the facial shape more oval. Apply blush to the cheeks and blend toward the temple on each side.
10. APPLYING POWDER. To ensure your makeover lasts, make sure to apply a good quality setting powder. This will lock in your foundation and help absorb perspiration. Press the powder into your skin when the foundation has been freshly applied. Use a powder puff with a light pressing motion so you get no streaking.
11. APPLYING LIP COLOR. Make your lips bigger like a ladies lips with the use of a lip liner/pencil before applying lip color. Carefully extend the size of your lips with the liner and then color in with your lip color or lipstick.
12. THE FINISH. Last of all, place your wig on so that you cover the wig cap and eye/facelift tape. If the front of the wig does not cover the ends of the tape make sure you applied foundation over the tape and it will not show.
In 12 simple-steps you can carry out a realistic male to female makeup transformation if you have the right products and the time. To achieve perfection, you do need patience to practice and follow these steps. By following these instructions, you will not only transform into a female but your facial shape will actually change away from its natural male characteristics. We wish you luck and if you have any questions email us at email@example.com for any crossdresser makeup issues you may have.