More and more crossdressers are drawn to the convenience and sexy styles available of pantyhose. For those afraid of using a garter-belt for stockings then tights and pantyhose are the ideal solutions. But always handle any type of hosiery gently to ensure they last and look perfect with each wearing.
Most pantyhose wearers have had it happen where they pull on a pair of their favorite hose, complete dressing and then when looking in the mirror discover they have a snag in the pantyhose. Well, we have some simple tips to help prevent damaging your pantyhose so you look super-sexy every time.
THE CORRECT WAY TO PUT ON YOUR PANTYHOSE: Follow these simple steps to safeguard your pantyhose when putting them on:
- Remove any and all jewelry including rings, bracelets, necklaces, anklets, etc. One of the most common causes of damage to hosiery is the sharp edges of hosiery.
- Ensure all finger and toe-nails are neatly trimmed and use a nail file to smooth any sharp edges.
- Roll up one leg of the pantyhose. Sitting on a chair, bend the knee and bring the thigh towards the chest. Point the toes straight and carefully insert into the rolled up foot of the pantyhose leg, pulling the pantyhose over the heel.
- Repeat for the other side and now pull the pantyhose carefully over the knees.
- Now stand and pull your pantyhose over the thighs, hips, and waist until correctly positioned.
Pantyhose comes in measures of denier which denotes the thickness of the material – the higher the denier the thicker and in general, the stronger the material. Sheer pantyhose tend to be the lower denier and opaque pantyhose or tights are of the thicker and stronger denier.
THE CORRECT WAY TO WASH YOUR PANTYHOSE. Another area where pantyhose are damaged is during the washing process. These simple tips will extend the life of your hosiery:
- As before, ensure your hands and arms are free of all jewelry and that fingernails are free of any jagged edges.
- Run a sink with luke-warm water adding ½ a cup of mild laundry detergent (preferably for ‘delicates’). Do not make the water too hot as this can lead to shrinking and also adversely affect the elastic.
- Carefully rub the areas needing washing the most i.e. the feet and the crotch area. Always ensure the pantyhose have been turned inside out for the washing process so that you are cleaning the skin-side surface. Now let them soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the soapy water and fill with cold water to rinse the pantyhose. Repeat this step several times until all the soap has gone.
- Your pantyhose must be air dried – NEVER place them in a dryer which will lead to snagging and shrinkage and so shorten the life of your pantyhose. You can very gently squeeze some of the water from the top down to the toes and hang them to allow them to air dry. Do not wring the water out of the pantyhose as this will damage the fabric.
If you really do not have time to hand-wash your pantyhose you can place them in a small laundry bag in the machine BUT on a gentle cycle. You should NEVER place the pantyhose in the dryer no matter how much of a hurry you are in.
The variety of colors and styles of pantyhose have changed a lot since I was a child watching my mother put on her pantyhose. You can still find classic styles like control top or tights but there are many super-sexy styles of pantyhose that even mimic stockings with garter belts. This means you can switch up your outfit easily and affordably simply by changing your hosiery.
For more crossdressing solutions make sure to check back and read the latest blog posts at Glamour Boutique.