When it comes to cocktail parties, date nights, and drinks with the girls; everyone’s go-to is a chic clutch bag that adds some extra flare to their outfit. We all know why we love them, they are adorable, go with almost any outfit, and are so easy to carry around. But, we all know how much of a struggle it is deciding what is important enough to come along for the night. Well, Glamour Boutique feels your pain. I have some suggestions and tips on what you actually need, and don’t need, on an evening out.
Let’s first start with the basics:
1) Keys, Money, and Identification: You absolutely need to be able to fit these three things in your clutch for any night out. You clearly won’t be able to get home, buy anything, or get into the club without these items. These are, hopefully, very self-explanatory. I would, however, suggest not taking your whole key chain or wallet. You should take only the keys and card you need. This saves a lot of room in your purse and cuts the weight.
2) Makeup Essentials: Being a CD/TG and going out without touch up makeup is something we at Glamour Boutique would never suggest to anyone. Being t-girl is a lot of work, which is why one should stock the purse with glam products that can be ready to use in a pinch. For example, always keep an antiperspirant powder with you, Mehron Anti-Perspirant Setting Powder is our favorite and comes in a smart compact .6oz bottle. After a night of dancing, this product will be a life saver. Lastly, keep your lipstick with you, a small compact blush, and a small tube of mascara for touch ups
3) Mints: You never know when you might find your soul mate! Why not be prepared? Nothing is worse than being stuck with someone whose breath smells like a stale beer or food they had for dinner.
4) Pain Reliever: There has probably been a couple times when you wished that you had taken Advil or Aleve out with you to cure that late night headache. Or, wished you had something with you when you found yourself at someone else’s house and couldn’t find the medicine cabinet. Taking a small travel bottle of any pain reliever doesn’t take up that much space and is so worth it. To save the most space you could just put two Advil right in your clutch.
5) Tide to-go: This is honestly the best invention ever. These little pens have worked their magic for me so many times. I always keep one in my every day bag and evening bag at all times. Tide-to-go is also kept stashed around my house just waiting for me to spill something on myself, again… If you use the pen as soon as possible after a tiny spill, it almost always comes out. They are great for getting out small smudges, tiny spills, makeup, and any food products. However, don’t expect miracles. If you spill a whole glass of red wine on yourself, this little pen won’t stand a chance.
6) Extra stockings: If you are like me, than you own more ripped tights than none ripped tights. I literally can’t keep a pair for longer than a month without ripping them. My friends and I have just started making it a fashion trend. Not for anything fancy, but as a casual thing we will rock our ripped tights with some thick black boots and shorts. However, having runs in your tights with a cute cocktail dress, is not cute. Keeping a thicker pair in your clutch for when that inevitable rip happens will keep you looking fabulous. Our Sheer and Shiney Support Pantyhose for Crossdressers not only gives your legs a healthy sheen but they are virtually indestructible.
7) Hair tie: No matter what, I usually never leave the house without at least one hair tie. It is an absolute necessity for me. Having the option to put your hair up is always a great play when you know you are going out. Especially, if you are wearing a wig; you want to keep a trusty hair tie on you to change up that look or even just for pictures.
8) Portable charger: Having one of these cool portable chargers have basically saved some of my friend’s lives before. They would have been stranded without it, and who knows what would have happened then. Nowadays we can’t do anything without our phones. So, make sure you can use it in a pinch. This is a very smart investment to make if your phone doesn’t hold a charge very well anymore. With this portable charger you don’t have to take your chargers everywhere anymore and you will always have that backup charge whenever you need it.
9) Comb/Wig Brush: Most transgender girls wear a lot of wigs to complete their look. However, wigs tend to get very knotty after a while and need to be tended to often. So, having a wig brush or comb when out in the evening will keep your hair looking great and keep your wig intact for next time.
10) Roll up Flats: If more girls did this, they would be so much happier going home in the evening. Girls already have to do so much, do yourself a favor and buy a really cheap pair of flats that you can slide into your clutch. Trust me, your feet ill thank you by the end of the night.