FACEBOOK FOR CROSSDRESSERS – A BEGINNER’S GUIDE
Following on from our first Facebook Article last month that explained the wonderful ways that Facebook can affect your crossdressing life, here Dawn explains how easy it is to set up your very own Facebook page.
Facebook is the most popular social networking of all time. The popularity of Facebook is increasing so much that soon it will reach 1 billion members. What are the advantages to crossdressers of using Facebook:
- Facebook has great privacy settings so you can customize how you use this communication medium
- You can share your daily experiences and feelings with friends and receive feedback
- Facebook allows you to connect all your close friends so all the posts of that group will be private
- You can chat with friends via Facebook and receive instant notifications
- You can store and share all your photos on Facebook
- Many celebreties and organizations us Facebook to give exclusive updates to their fans
- Facebook is great fro re-connecting with new and old friends
- Facebook is FREE !!!
Opening a Facebook account is fun and easy. Well easy first. The fun comes after your page is up and your meeting and making new friends, creating photo albums of pics from all the places you’ve been, and the people you have met.
Even if you never leave your house you can still meet new people that share similar interests with you, and you can talk to them via phone or cam if you decide to.
OK go to www.facebook.com and sign up. It’s free and it always will be. You just enter the information in the spaces provided for you. First name, last name, your email. Re-enter your email and new password. Then it will ask you to select your sex male or female. Then list a birthday for you. Month, day and year. You should be able to do this in about two minutes.
You can list as much information that you want to. You don’t have to personal if you don’t want to.
Here is an explanation of some of the keywords you will see on your “wall” or profile page.
- Wall – Your wall is your facebook that you first see when you log on to facebook. It’s where you go to make any changes to your profile.
- Info – Is your information that you listed like your work, philosophy, art and entertainment, etc. You can share your interests like books, movies, TV, as well as list your activities and interests.
- Photos – All of your photo albums and pics are located here.
- Friends – All of your friends in alphabetical order by first name.
- Subscriptions – You can include more people in your public updates, without adding them as friends if you don’t want to.
- Edit Profile – Allows you to make changes to your profile.
- View As – This is how your profile looks to the public. The friends you make and connect with can always see your facebook page “view as” is what everybody sees. There are setting features that let you determine just what everyone ultimately sees anyway.
In the blue facebook stripe at the top of your page you will find the white search bar where you can type in people, places, and things that you are looking for.
To the right of that is your name. when you click on it it brings you to your profile page or your “wall”.
On the right of your name it says “Home”. This is the home page where all the photos , stories, and postings of the people you’ve become friends with can be found.
The little triangle next to the “Home” button is where you click on to set your account and privacy settings. Also to log out of facebook or to seek help from someone at facebook.
Now start making friends by looking for people you would like to meet. A good place to start would be to “like” us at Glamour Boutique USA on facebook and it will bring you into contact with many people you may like to be friends with.
It’s that easy. In no time at all you’re making friends, chatting for hours, going out to new places if you want to. It can be addicting so be careful. You can get lost for hours online with all your friends.
If you have any questions about setting up your facebook account you can always reach out to me at Glamour Boutique NJ here at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our Glamour Boutique USA on Facebook page as well.
Have Fun and Enjoy !!!!!!!!