SECRETS TO CREATING A WARDROBE ON A BUDGET
There are a lot of different ways to put a nice CD wardrobe together without spending a lot of money or even leaving your house. For example, you can find great deals at a number of locations, including: traditional garage sales, flea markets, thrift stores, or consignment shops. These are all great places to pick up any and all kinds of clothing, shoes, and accessories for cheap. These places are great for finding cheap gems that will help build a beautiful and functional wardrobe. Having some great vintage pieces is great for mixing up an outfit occasionally.
- CONSIGNMENT STORES – Great sources of unusual and often designer label garments. We have seen girls buying fur coats and jackets in large sizes for less than $100 and designer dresses for pennies on the dollar.
- OUTLET MALLS – These are well worth traveling to so you can buy fashionable and stylish brand outfits at over 70% off the regular store prices. If you do go plan your trip in advance. These outlet malls tend to be very large so find the mall map online first and plan the stores you wish to visit so you don’t waste time. Also, check out the mall website for additional coupons that they always have available.
- YARD SALES – You can often strike gold here but be prepared to roll up your sleeves and do a little work to find that beautiful shining nugget.
- YOUR OWN WARDROBE – Periodically go through your closet and I guarantee you’ll find some garments you forgot you had but that you know will look great with some mix and matching or accessorizing.
- WASTE REDUCTION NETWORKS – Great resources where it’s possible to find free clothing or clothing at incredible low cost. Check out www.Freecycle.com
- CRAIG’S LIST – Another brilliant resource for low cost clothing and accessories if you know what you are looking for
Some other things you can do would be to look into buying clothes and shoes out of season. This will insure that you get a better price. Shorts in the winter, coats in the summer. Pre-Fall clothing gets marked down in September so, that is an ideal time to shop for lighter knits, kharki and denim. This will save you a lot of money. However, the hardest part is waiting to wear your new items. I hate buying things that I can’t immediately wear. However, it works if your trying to save a buck. Whether shopping at the mall or even online.
Be creative and look to buy classic styles of dresses, skirts, and tops that do not go out of fashion but can be interchanged with other garments to make it look great. We have discussed this before with staples of your wardrobes like the Little Black Dress, for example, which can be changed by the simple addition of a jacket, scarf, boot, or heel. You could wear it winter or summer as long as you accessories the part. You can make a trendy outfit with the simplest of clothing as long as you accessorize properly. Remember complementary colors ALWAYS look great together and don’t be afraid of a little heel. Adding some tiny color to your outfit goes a long way and heels always look great.
Another strong recommendation for shopping on a budget is to find a seamstress or tailor who can do inexpensive alterations. By taking, for example, a $30 jacket bought at a consignment store and having a seamstress alter it to fit you can turn a relatively inexpensive buy into a chic $300 looking garment. Nothing makes a garment look more chic and expensive than the fit. This tip is highly recommended. It could do wonders to so many garments in your closet that you bought and still aren’t sure about wearing.
If you choose to go the route of shopping at an online store you can find great prices and deals on many online sites. However, if you’re having a hard time shopping for clothes because you think they won’t fit you, check out our online store. We specialize in clothing for transgenders and crossdressers alike. Go to www.glamourboutique.com. We have great expertise in this field and can help you shop online or in our showroom for a one on one appointment. We can help you with sizing or anything other questions you might have about cross-dressing. If you are unable to visit us at Fairfield NJ for a personal shopping experience, refer to our blog Crossdressing Tips online which, is full of great articles about how to buy the right size and measure yourself.
However, we do recommend our one-on-one shopping experience, you get to try on products before buying and our specialist will help you size anything from breast forms, clothing, wigs, and shoes. We can guarantee that you will leave happy and satisfied with your purchases. In addition, this experience is great for beginner crossdresser’s because they can come in for a private one-on-one appointment to make them feel comfortable. They also don’t need to know anything about shopping to look like a woman, we help with everything related to that.
Some things we recommend absolutely having in your wardrobe when you start out would be:
A little black dress. You will end up using that one a lot. It helps hide imperfections and looks cheek and stunning on everyone.
A pair of black heels. To match any outfit you need a pair of simple black heels. Not too much height for a beginner.
Stockings and pantyhose are another essential that you must have to cover your leg hair if you cannot shave your legs.
Jewelry will complete any outfit. Buy a few simple pieces at first to get used to wearing things on your ears, arms, and neck.
Just remember to shop smart. Look in a few different places when searching for an item. Buy from where you can feel comfortable knowing you are getting exactly what you paid for and are completely satisfied with your purchase. It should be a fun experience building your CD wardrobe, and not a chore.
Now go shopping!!!!