The Smokey Eye has become so popular due to the sultry, sexy look it creates. A simple smokey eye can be mastered with using just 2 shades of eye shadow – a dark contouring shade and a highlighting shade. Different effects can be achieved by introducing a third or fourth shade (like the picture above). But the 2 shade process is relatively simple and still very dramatic.
The classic black or grey smokey eye look is best suited for evening. This is a sexy, demure, smoldering look and will get you many admiring glances. With Halloween around the corner our make-up artists think this is a must-have technique. So, to help you get practicing, we will go over how to get a perfect smokey eye.
Lets Get Started:
- Prime and Highlight your upper eye lids.
- Start adding the dark shade of your choosing to the creases of your eyelids. Make sure to use an oval shaped brush that is perfect for blending so you get a nice even shade across your creases.
- Begin shading underneath your bottom lashes with the same dark shade to really make your eyes stand out. Don’t get carried away in this step. You don’t want to use a lot of product.
- Apply your highlighter under your brow to show some definition. You can also go over your top eye lids at this time with your highlighter- just in case some dark color got on it.
- Apply your eye liner just above the eyelash. Keep it a true black to emphasize your look. Ensure the line you draw is thicker towards the center of the eye and pointed at the ends. Apply a lighter line to the corners of your bottom eye lid if you would like.
- False Eyelashes: for all out glamour, apply a pair of false eyelashes or use a liberal application of plumping mascara on your own lashes.
There you have it! Try this look the next time you go out for a dramatic look that will look stunning. You can purchase your very own makeup kit to achieve the smokey eye look here at Glamour Boutique. Hope you enjoy!