Good skincare is so important to keep yourself looking fresh and healthy. This holds very true for those of us that are dressing en femme. A good skincare routine will help soften your face and keep your skin clean. It can also help prevent acne or spots in general. As you’re aging, good skincare can help treat early onset wrinkles or even existing wrinkles. And most importantly for CD/TG girls, having healthy skin gives a glowing complexion that also works wonders with makeup application. Here are some skin tips to get you looking fresh.
Go To Skin Care: Here are the basics you’ll need for a good skincare routine
If you are looking to start a skincare routine but want to start off slow or are just looking for the basics to get going, let’s break down some must haves.
- A good makeup remover – I know we’re starting backwards, but a good makeup remover will be a big help when getting off that makeup. Since we use more makeup than our genetic female counterparts, it pays to invest in a good remover. Micellar water is a good go to as well as Neutrogena wipes and Albolene moisturizing cleanser.
- A foaming cleanser to remove any excess dirt or impurities left on the face – A foaming cleanser will create a foamy lather that is ideal in removing oil and layers of makeup. Just keep in mind that these cleansers can leave your skin a little dry after so try and find a cleanser with some moisturizing elements to it to help offset that.
- An exfoliator to use every now and again to remove any dead skin cells – Exfoliators are a must have in your skin care kit. Regular exfoliation will smooth and soften your skin and brighten your complexion. If any of you out there suffer from acne, exfoliating can help by keeping your pores from becoming clogged with dead cell pus and skin oil.
- A high SPF facial moisturizer – The best face moisturizer would be a minimum 30 SPF to help protect your face against the sun’s UV rays.
Skin Tips for if you want to do more than just the basics
If you already have a skin care routine and want to take things to the next level, that is very doable as the amount of products on the market is endless. So what are the best skin care products on the market? That’s always up for debate. We would suggest doing your research and seeing what other people are saying. Let’s talk about a few products to be on the lookout for to add to your healthy skincare routine.
A good eye cream can help with wrinkles and/or bags under your eyes. They can also help with dark circles under your eyes.
Facial toners can remove any last traces of dirt and impurities stuck on your face after washing. By adding a facial toner to your skincare routine, it can have a great positive impact on your appearance and help keep your pores tight which is great for aging skin.
An antioxidant serum can help cellular inflammation and fight off fine lines and wrinkles which are inevitable as we get older as our natural supply of antioxidants starts to go away.
CBD skin care products are a newer entry but they are already making waves with great reviews from users out there. It’s definitely something to look into as it could be the future of healthy and natural skin care.
Winter Skin Care Tips
With winter upon us, now is a great time to put together a winter skin care routine. Your summer routine would be different than a winter routine since the winter months may require a little more. You see, as it gets colder, your skin suffers more and is prone to dryness, redness and itchiness. Products such as hydrating cleansers or more creamy ones are better in winter than the lighter foaming cleansers. Skin plumping serums can be useful to add brightness to the skin. Thicker, deeper penetrating moisturizers are also an essential for winter skin care. Always look for something hydrating.
Mature Skin Tips
For the older girls out there, you still need the basics to keep your skin healthy, but you should add a few more products to help achieve a glowing complexion that you can be proud of. Anti-aging creams are a big one for sure, but here are our must adds for our mature ladies.
- Nourishing creamy cleanser
- A good exfoliant product
- An age related serum to help skin look radiant
- A reviving moisturizer – be sure to lather this on your neck as well as your face
- An age related eye cream
Add the facial toners we mentioned earlier and you can keep your skin looking youthful and healthy for years to come.
There’s plenty to unpack here, so we recommend doing your research and find the right products for you as each girl’s face will be different. It’s also important to research the ingredients in these products to help prevent any allergic responses.
Glamour Boutique has some great makeup removers and we can also assist you with any makeup and skin care questions you may have. Email us at [email protected] and one of our makeover specialists can assist you. We would love to hear about your skin care routines. Email us at [email protected] to tell us what you do. For more beauty tips, head over to our blog where you can find tons of useful information to help you out.