Simple Tips for Glamorous Lips
A few simple makeup rules will give you seductive pouting lips that will guarantee you get noticed!
- COLOR: Don’t be afraid of a full classic red lip color. A deep red shade with a hint of blue will match most complexions making the skin and eyes look healthy and bright. Choose a deep red rather than one with orange tones.
- OUTLINE PENCIL: To outline or not to outline? We strongly recommend the use of a pencil to minimize the lipstick from bleeding or feathering. You can use contrasting colors but a lighter shade is recommended since darker shades can make the lips seem smaller and we want big plump, voluptuous lips! Another secret is to place the pencil in a refrigerator or chiller for 10 minutes before sharpening; this will ensure clear defined lines on application.
- APPLICATION: Pencil should always be used first to outline the lips and then lipstick follows after.
As with all areas to do with make-up application, the finished look is often determined by the careful preparation you make at the beginning; rush the process with the minimum preparation and you will not make the most of your lips. Take your time and practice the steps needed in the right order and you too can to get close to a Marilyn ‘pout’. The following steps will ensure a winning smile every time:
1. FOUNDATION – Apply a little foundation to the lips with the end of your finger. This will help the liner and lipstick go on more easily and make the lipstick last longer.
2. LINER – Always use the pencil to create the outline of the lips BEFORE lipstick is applied. Never use a shade darker than the lipstick as this will look peculiar as the lipstick fades. Draw the outline starting at the center of the upper lip moving smoothly towards the side corner and carefully following the natural lip line and repeat the other side. Repeat the same steps for the lower lip.
3. LIPSTICK – To apply the lipstick, open the mouth slightly and say ‘Oh’. By staying relaxed you will now be able to reach the total surface area of the lips. As with the pencil line, start from top center and using the liner or natural lip line as your guide, glide the lipstick smoothly to the corner of the mouth on each side, repeating for the bottom lip. Lipstick should always remain inside the lip liner.
Follow these simple steps and you will have fabulous lips. For an even fuller ‘pout’ use lip gloss too. Simply apply to the middle of the lips; not only will this give you a fuller look but it helps hold the lipstick for longer. There you have it: some Simple Tips for Glamorous Lips !