Mascara is truly a girl’s best friend! A makeup look is simply not complete without some thick luminous lashes to bat around. However, mascara application can be difficult to master. Especially, to amateur crossdressers. Simply, putting something that’s close to one’s eye is uncomfortable for most people. However, like everything, a little practice goes a long way.
To begin this scary/exciting journey you must first need, two very important items! Mascara of course, and your handy eyelash curlers.
If you don’t have mascara Click HERE!
Eyelash curlers are not a must for everyone but, if you have a hard time getting your lashes to curl they can absolutely come in handy.
How to apply mascara for beginners
1. Clean the area with some makeup remover to remove any old makeup or eye gunk. Starting from a clean slate is important to the application. Starting with dirty lashes can create clumps and/or cause irritation.
2. Pre-curl your lashes with your lash curler! Trust me this makes a big difference. It gently lifts your lashes out of your eyes while extending them to their full length. This will ensure a great start to your mascara application and help you get the most length out of your natural lashes!
I would say if you struggle with shorter lashes or have difficulty getting your lashes to curl up than a simple eyelash curler will do the trick. Even if you have long curly lashes, you never know your lashes full potential until you try!
3. Get your Mascara wand prepped. One simple mistake ladies make during this step is pumping their wand up and down in the tube instead of twirling it around the tube. The point is to nicely coat your wand with the product, then apply to your lashes. However, when pumping up and down, the air is being forced into the tube drying out the product and bringing outside germs in. So to keep your product fresh and clean, gently twirl your wand around the sides of the tube while removing the wand. This should coat it nice and evenly while keeping your product brand new.
4. Wipe or scrape off any clumps or excess product onto the tip of the mascara tube. This will help you save the product and keep your application more controlled and less clumpy. More product is not always better since the key is to gradually build up product onto the lashes. So, the excess product will not help.
5. Begin the application by tilting your head slightly up so you can nicely see the base of your lashes. Always begin the application by the root of your lashes. Gently, wiggle the wand back and forth to nicely coat all the hair at the base of your eye. After you coat all your lashes you can begin to pull the wand through the length of your lashes, extending them up and out. The key is to fully extend all your lashes to reach maximum length. Keep in mind, your inner, outer, and bottom lashes!
6. Go over with a second or third coat until all your lashes are nicely coated and ready to make an appearance.
7. Wait for your mascara to dry completely before you go in to fix any mistakes! Trust me if you try and fix any smudges before your mascara dries you’re going to transfer all the mascara you just applied, onto your fingertips. Once it dries, wet a Q-tip in some makeup remover and gently remove any smudges from the eyelid. You can even remove any unwanted clumps by going back in with a clean (no product) mascara wand to comb out any clumps.
Please, let us know how your mascara adventures go by emailing [email protected]! We would love to see photos of your before and after shots!