Summer-time can be a mixed bag for many crossdressers. The chance to cultivate a nice healthy glow all-over is certainly a big plus for most complexions. But if you live in an area of high summer temperature and even worse, humidity, then makeup application can be an issue. Or rather, keeping makeup from sliding off your face can be an issue. This is something that genetic girls have to contend with, as do crossdressers. Whilst a young teen with flawless skin may be able to get away with a much lighter makeup application and use of sheer shades of foundation, this is not as simple for a TG/CD. However, there are certain makeup products you can use to control your makeup better in the heat, and there are certainly many products that are more summer-friendly that you should consider.
Tips to avoid a summer makeup meltdown
What are the steps to take to ensure your molten makeup doesn’t slide off your face during the warmer months of the year? Follow these simple tips and you’ll keep your makeover in place for much longer whilst those around you may start to melt!
- If you can, ensure your home is at a nice ambient temperature, so your body is nice and chilled before makeup application. Sounds simple, but letting your body temperature settle will make sure your skin is at its normal complexion before makeup application. For example, if your face is a little hot and red, you might overcompensate with foundation, causing you to add too much.
- Use a quality primer! Smooth on a light layer to help keep moisture off the surface of the face to ensure that your makeup stays in place much longer. A primer will absolutely help even when you start to perspire, and helps to even out your skin too, so you’re applying foundation to a smooth, silky base.
- Apply your neutralizer and beard cover lightly. Hiding the beard is the most important part to any CD or TG woman, but if you want to keep your overall makeup look peachy in the warm weather, we recommend you try to keep it as light as possible (whilst still getting the coverage you’d like). This is key to keeping your face feeling light and comfortable throughout the day.
- Opt for waterproof eye makeup and liner. If you’re prone to smudging your eye makeup anyway, when it’s hot it’s even more of a risk. You can use waterproof eyeliner and mascara to counteract the effect of sweat on your eye makeup and help to prevent smudging.
- Apply antiperspirant face powder or setting spray after the foundation stage. This will help to set everything nicely, so it can be a good idea to use liberally. However, do not keep applying antiperspirant powder throughout the day. Once you feel yourself sweating, more powder will only make your face look cakey.
- Lip pencil. If you’re going to wear lipstick, it’s important to use a good quality lip pencil to stop the lipstick from running during the summer. Use a pink/brown color that’s close to your natural lip shade for the best results (unless of course, you’re opting for a bold lip!).
- If lipstick is less your thing, use a nice light glossy lipgloss to finish off your overall look.
- Use blotting papers or tissues to blot away any perspiration on your face. It’s very important you blot lightly rather than wipe. If you blot the makeup will stay in place.
- Put your makeup in the fridge for ten minutes if they get too hot or soft to use. Always try and keep your makeup in the room temperature location, so they don’t spoil or go bad.
Of all the advice we’ve offered in this post, perhaps the most important factor is to try and keep it light with everything you use. Nothing is worse than having a sweaty face with a ton of makeup on. You’ll feel sticky, and there’s a good chance it will literally just slide off your face!
There you have it, 9 simple tips to help keep your makeup in place longer during those steamy hot summer months. So, keep your cool and help your femme face stay put by trying some of these simple steps. Make sure you stay stocked with blotting papers at all times!