It is difficult enough to master the art of makeup as is, let alone applying it in a swift manner. Most dressers really want to look their best every time they dress, but when they don’t have a lot of time to get ready they really need a great routine for applying the basics. Even just applying the basic makeup essentials can still create a beautifully styled makeover in just fifteen minutes. It is a very possible task, trust me!
It all starts with practice. By all means, I am not saying an amateur can complete a flawless going-out look in just fifteen minutes. But, people that know how to apply makeup already, and can draw straight lines, can get some seriously sexy looks in just fifteen minutes or less. Practice really does make perfect when applying makeup. Practicing the essential techniques of applying foundation, blush, lipstick, eyeliner, and eye shadow should be your main focuses. Once you feel confident on your technique of applying these products you should be able to conduct an awesome makeover that requires just a little bit of creativity.
Let’s Get Started:
- Prime your face and neck!
- Beard Cover/Neutralizer. Use concealer and/or beard cover to neutralize blemishes, shadows around the eyes and nose and of course beard area. Beard Cover should be slightly lighter than the Foundation and apply with a latex makeup sponge. Do not apply too thickly – you are aiming to neutralize not to obliterate! Don’t forget the neck.
- Foundation. Now you need to even the skin tone by applying a Foundation that matches your natural skin tone. Remember you may need to change shades of foundation according to the seasons. Applying foundation from the center of the face out until you have the whole face and neck covered.
- Blush. Lightly apply blush to contour the face. Smile into a mirror and apply your contour just under the ‘apples’ of your cheeks.
- Setting Powder. Help keep everything in place for as long as possible with a light application of Powder – preferably use an Antiperspirant Setting Powder.
- Eyebrows. Using either a pencil or powder, apply with a small brush. For easy instruction on the eye-lift technique try one of our easy DVD’s, which include a simple step by step guide.
- Eye Shadow: When you have time we always prefer a 3-color coordinate application of eye -shadow using light medium and dark. BUT here we are concentrating on a QUICK makeup fix so, simplify the process so we’ll be applying just one medium (but bright) eye-shadow. Simply apply the base color to the entire upper lid. Add more into the natural crease and blend upwards – about halfway towards the brow.
- You can even go without eyeshadow completely depending on the style look you are going for (like a cat eye).
- Eyeliner. For a quick and precise eyeliner application, use a pencil. Apply a thin line below the lower lashes and a thicker line above the upper lashes.
- Eyelashes/Mascara. Whilst we love the application of false lashes for dressers to give instant impact we are talking QUICK lashes here, so use your favorite mascara and get to work.
- Lips. Lip gloss is easier to apply and doesn’t need a liner so, as time is of the essence we advise you just use a gloss or liquid lipstick.
- There you have it the QUICK fifteen-minute makeup application for those times when you are in a rush and just need to apply the war paint and get going.