When getting dressed, we often run into situations where we may need a quick fix or we may need to move a little faster getting ready. Sometimes we just want to find a different way or a more natural option to do something. We always love finding new hacks and sharing them with our girls. So here are some of our latest beauty hacks.
1. Skin Prep Help!! – The sweat struggle is real. Who wants to walk into a room with runny makeup or looking like you just caked your makeup on? Sadly we all sweat. But what if we could use a little bottle of spray to hold back that sweat? You know Glamour Boutique has you covered. With the ProFace No Sweat Antiperspirant Skin Prep, you can simply apply it prior to applying your beard cover and foundation, leaving your face a minimal chance to sweat as your body warms up. No muddy or runny faces here!
As a bonus, you can use the Skin Prep on your chest to keep it nice and dry prior to using your spray adhesive to apply your breast forms. It will help to maximize the amount of time your breast forms will stay on since your skin will be nice and dry.
2. Speaking of breast forms, we’d like to offer this tip – use your Skin Tac Wipes before applying the breast form adhesive. This can cut down on the amount of adhesive you use by about half
3. Fix foundation stains with a little bit of shaving cream. How many times have we put on our makeup to decide that we want to change our top? Even worse, you take off a white shirt too quickly and smudge your makeup on it. A quick fix before throwing it into the wash, is to put a little bit of shaving cream on the smudged area as it will pre-treat the stain as you throw it into the washer.
4. Vaseline is a must have for a variety of hacks
Vaseline (petroleum jelly) is one of the most versatile items out there when it comes to beauty hacks. Here are some examples:
- Put some Vaseline on your pulse points before using your perfume to make the scent last longer.
- The shininess of the jelly can be a great substitute for lip gloss if you run out.
- Soften cracked skin on your heels and elbows by rubbing on some Vaseline.
- Use Vaseline as an eye makeup remover
And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Who knew Vaseline could do so much?
5. Coconut Oil, Coconut Oil and more Coconut Oil
Speaking of versatile items, Coconut Oil can be used for a great amount of beauty hacks as well (it’s not just for cooking anymore).
- Use coconut oil in place of shaving cream, to give your legs a silky look.
- The coconut scent is a great deodorant. Rub it all over your body for a lovely scent and with its antibacterial properties, the coconut oil pulls some double duty.
- If Vaseline isn’t your first choice for lip gloss, try coconut oil as it can be used as well, and smells so nice!
6. Chapstick – By using a little bit of chapstick before applying your lipstick or lip gloss, it will help to get the color on more easily.
7. For plumper lips – We’ve spoken in the past how mixing peppermint oil with your lip gloss can help you get plumper lips. Well maybe peppermint isn’t your thing. Don’t worry.
Another way to get those lips nice and plump is to use a light concealer using your fingertip to blend it in with the warmth of your finger. Apply a nude lip gloss on top and there you go.
8. A toothbrush is not just for your teeth anymore – Put a spritz of hairspray on a toothbrush (not the same one you use on your teeth as that would become unpleasant) and use it to comb your eyebrows. This hack also works great on stray hairs and flyaways.
9. No really, a toothbrush isn’t just for your teeth anymore – If you don’t have time to get a manicure, you can use your trusty toothbrush once again. Take your toothbrush (I said not your mouth one), along with a dab of whitening toothpaste. You can buff your nails, cleaning and brightening them in the process. Use a dash of hydrating cuticle oil and your nails will be looking fresh and healthy.
For more beauty hacks, check out our blog. What hacks do you use when you’re in a pinch? We always want to know what hacks work and don’t work so let us know by dropping us a line on our Facebook page or at [email protected].