Removing makeup after you have been dresses as your fem-self is not only a skin care ‘must-do’ but, for many, it’s also a matter of discretion. Forget to check behind your ears and you leave yourself open to being ‘discovered’. Depending on your skin-type and the cosmetic products you use, you need to know the products and methods to gently remove all traces and leave your skin in good condition.
The following list of tips for the best makeup products and methods will ensure you return back to your male self without leaving so much as false eyelash!
1. Cold Cream for Makeup Removal. Most crossdresser’s need a heavier makeup application than a young genetic female. We need beard cover, preferable a thicker cream based foundation etc. To remove even the most stubborn of makeup applications cold cream like Albolene is a must-have for any girl. Albolene is used by many makeup artists serving starts of stage and screen where makeup application is on the heavier side. This moisturizing cleanser will melt away tough makeup and hydrate the skin at the same time.
2. Petroleum Jelly for Eye Makeup Removal. This is one of the best eye makeup removers. Especially for those who have dry skin. It can remove all eye makeup, even the most stubborn waterproof varieties. Keep your eye gently closed, apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly and allow to begin dissolving the makeup. Wipe eye GENTLY with downward movements and across lashes using good quality cotton balls or pads. The skin above the eye, in particular is very thin so no excessive pulling or rubbing.
3. Best Method for Removing False Eye-Lashes. Most efficient and gentle way to do this is using cotton wool pads soaked in eye-makeup remover. Give enough time for each lash to loosen at the glue line and then they will gently pull away. Make sure to include this step or you risk pulling your own lashes away which is a tell-tale sign!
4. Best for Water-Based Makeup. For those girls wanting to use the most natural of products, look no further than Coconut Oil. Not only is it the most gentle of removers for everywhere on the face but it leaves the skin moisturized and smell very pleasant too. Scoop a small amount out of a jar and work in the palm until liquid and apply gently to eye areas and then the rest of the face. Massage into skin in circular motion and you will feel and see the makeup dissolve. At the end use a warmed, wet facecloth to wipe off the makeup-infused coconut oil and then rinse face with water.
5. Best for Glitter Removal. It’s the party season and you kick it up a notch with a seasonal makeup using glitter applied with the foundation or in a spray. This can be difficult to remove all traces with traditional makeup cleansers so what’s a girl to do? You will find 6 inch strips of Scotch Tape dabbed gently on the face are the perfect solution for removing all your glitter!
For many crossdressers, changing back to our male drab-selves must be done quickly and cleanly without leaving any signs of our female-self lest we be ‘found out’. Whatever makeup removal product you use make sure you clean all the areas that have creases, the hairline and one often missed – around and behind the ears. Always finish with a gentle rinse/wash using a warm, wet white cotton cloth and repeat steps until no more color is removed.
In case of emergencies we also recommend you have a pack of makeup wipes when you are out in case you have to change very quickly. Whilst not advisable to rush makeup removal, there may be occasions where this has to be done and a pack of wipes can save the day.